Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915)
DeakinPrime has been offering leadership programs for more than 25 years. Developing great leaders and managers has always been our business. We know what makes successful professional development programs.
Research proves that 70 per cent of leadership programs fail. DeakinPrime’s award winning Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915) is based on the 70:20:10 learning and development model, which addresses the fail points in many other contemporary programs.
We believe a successful leadership program needs four crucial factors to be successful:
- ensuring individual and organisational context
- creating mindset shifts
- combining practice with real work
- measuring results.
We believe that the key component of a successful program is ‘helping people to change’ and this understanding is reflected in every component of DeakinPrime’s Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915).
DeakinPrime does away with one size fits all. The Diploma program has been designed to have an immediate impact on the learner, as well as the organisation, because it unites theory and real world work experiences. It offers a learning journey that is practical, contemporary and personalised, and it includes both personal and professional development that result in long-term behavioural change and improved performance outcomes.
The qualification is delivered in a blended approach using multiple modes that are in line with our 70:20:10 philosophy. It is designed to engage and draw the learner into a relationship with the course content and their own learning. Current issues in today’s workplaces are explored and the learners are supported in discovering solutions that produce effective results.
The two key themes of developing adaptive leadership and practical management skills are interwoven through the different learning activities and experiences. To be successful, a person needs to understand and utilise the appropriate approach for different situations, and own their ongoing growth and development.
In recognition of the success of the learners DeakinPrime awards eight credit points towards a Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Management at Deakin University on completion.
||Key Learning Areas
||Units of Competency
|Cluster one – Manage and lead self and others
||This cluster explores the learner's understanding of self and their ability to manage themselves and others effectively. It looks at various models of management and leadership, and how to apply these to improve practical skills and performance in their role. It also focuses on managing teams and building effective relationships across an organisation.
- Self (emotional intelligence)
- Communicating with influence
- Team and work
- People and performance
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR503 Communicate with influence
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
|Cluster two – Manage and lead business outcomes
||This cluster explores the skills and knowledge required to develop and implement operational plans and budgets to meet the organisation’s productivity and profitability plans. It looks at the skills and knowledge required for business and financial acumen, strategic thinking and decision-making. Understanding the workforce, systems and procedures necessary to achieve the organisation’s operational plan are also discussed.
- Operations management
- Financial management
- Workforce management
- Processes and systems
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBMGT520 Plan and manage the flexible workforce
- BSBADM502 Manage meeting
|Cluster three – Manage and lead innovation
||This cluster provides learners with concepts and strategies to bring more innovative practices into their workplace and facilitates continuous improvement processes. There is particular emphasis on the development of systems, and the analysis of information to monitor and adjust performance strategies, and to manage opportunities for further improvements.
- Continuous improvement
- Processes and systems
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBINN501 Establish systems that support innovation
On completion of DeakinPrime’s Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915), learners will:
- have been exposed to the most contemporary and globally relevant thinking in leadership and management practice
- be able to successfully navigate challenges and issues in a rapidly changing work environment
- have adopted a new mindset for their current role and future career
- be observed and coached in the workplace for effectiveness and impact
- offer greater problem-solving capability and better outcomes for their immediate team and the wider organisation.
This qualification may be delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding (eligibility criteria apply).
- Successful completion provides learners with a pathway entry into a Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Management with eight credit points towards the qualification at Deakin University.
- Winner of the 2016 Platinum LearnX award for Best Learning Model (Blended) and Gold in the Best Learning Project (Certification).
- DeakinPrime offers a blended approach that allows learners to personalise their journey.
- DeakinPrime offers a leadership program that enables learners to undergo behavioural change.
- DeakinPrime provides more than just a qualification, it combines management fundamentals with adaptive leadership.