Most Learning Development, T&D, HRD and OD professionals are keen to evaluate training and other programs in their organisations but lack the know-how or structure and operating framework to achieve it consistently. For many, Kirkpatrick’s four levels are as much as they know.
Others, more formally trained, understand principles of survey design, sampling techniques, and the like but when faced with having to decide which programs will be evaluated (and often with limited resources for the task) and how to undertake this systematically, are not clear on how to approach the task. For most, evaluation is approached tactically rather than strategically.
Dr Marguerite Foxon, an internationally recognised expert practitioner in evaluation in organisations, presents an innovative workshop that shows you how to establish an evaluation strategy, use more sophisticated evaluation tools than the
Kirkpatrick levels, and systematically determine the effectiveness of your training programs and organisational interventions.
Enhance your evaluation expertise while having these questions answered:
- Where does evaluation fit within the overall design, development and delivery process?
- How do I take a strategic approach to evaluation and measurement interventions?
- What approaches other than Kirkpatrick can I use?
- How do I plan and execute an evaluation with limited resources?
- What methods can I use to gather evaluation information?
- How do I find out the extent to which people are using the new skills and what the impact is on the organisation?
- Can I get reliable and valid data if I don’t know anything about statistics?
- What is the quickest and most effective way to write the evaluation report?
- How do I handle the politics of evaluation in my organisation?
- How can I get buy-in from management for doing evaluation?
What you can expect
- A hands-on workshop where you will receive practical guidance from Dr Foxon.
- A full understanding of how to develop an evaluation strategy that focuses on your organisation’s measurement needs
- The skills and tools that you can use immediately as you begin to approach evaluation more strategically in your organisation
- Insight into how to ‘sell’ evaluation to management
- Help in managing the political aspects of evaluation
- You will receive participant materials including case studies, activities, application exercises and take-away tools that can be used in your own evaluations.
Thursday, 10th October 2013
9.00am – 5.00pm
Level 3, 550 Bourke Street, Melbourne 3000
Cost per person: $675.00 (incl GST)
Total number of participants per workshop: 25
Cost for Strategy evaluation workshop and Impact evaluation master class*: $1350.00 (incl GST)
* Please note that participants wanting to undertake the Impact evaluation master class must first participate in the Strategy evaluation workshop.