As organisations continue to face challenges and change, engaged and confident leadership will be more in demand. Leaders of the future need a repertoire of leadership skills and knowledge to inspire, manage and lead teams and organisations.
With over 250 definitions of leadership, how can you start to develop your own leadership style and build your own potential and capacity?
Leadership boot camp—Develop your leadership is an intensive, one-day interactive workshop that will focus on the key knowledge and skills you need to kick start or restart your leadership.
DeakinPrime, in conjunction with Dr Athena Vongalis-Macrow, will run a one-day workshop to help individuals and emerging leaders build their skills, knowledge and confidence to start actioning their leadership and engagement with the work of leaders.
This one-day workshop will provide key leadership skills and practices to develop your leadership potential. These include:
- building your leadership identity: transitioning into leadership and developing your leadership style(s)
- communication for leading: develop more constructive and authentic communication so that you can be more effective in leading
- the basics of change management: practices for managing change by understanding four frameworks for managing change and how each framework supports different types of transitions and change
- strategic thinking and planning: recognising opportunities and insights
- within your organisation leadership networks: meet other like-minded aspiring leaders.
Dr Athena Vongalis-Macrow lectures in education, organisational change and leadership. She is the Director of the Master of Educational Leadership and Management program at Deakin University. Her interest in leadership draws on her background in sociology and education with a focus on how groups and individuals interact in organisations. Athena will facilitate an interactive and practical workshop aimed at those transitioning and those seeking to enhance their leadership.
Wednesday, 12 November 2014
Level 3, 550 Bourke Street, Melbourne 3000
Cost per person: $895.00 (+ GST)
Total number of participants per workshop: 25