Moving from order-taker to trusted adviser.
Too often leadership and learning, OD, and HRD professionals are viewed as ‘order-takers’, and struggle to be more strategically involved in the making of decisions about performance issues.
- Would you like to have a more proactive role in your organisation, rather than being reactive, particularly in relation to training, leadership, and OD?
- When dealing with requests from management or clients, are you able to provide performance solutions tailored to the real business needs and not what a more senior person thinks is needed?
- Would you like to provide greater value-add to your organisation/clients, becoming a trusted internal consultant and solutions provider?
If these questions resonate, you will find the Business Solutions Consulting workshop invaluable. The skills and consulting framework can be used internally or with clients if you’re a consultant. It is applicable to training and development, leadership, OD, and HRD—any setting where you’re called upon to provide a ‘solution’ to a performance problem.
The workshop will give you the confidence to challenge the assumption that ‘more training’ is what’s needed for most performance problems, and a framework and approach to uncover the real issues and optimal solutions.
What the workshop covers:
- What is business solutions consulting?
- Shifting to a performance focus
- Business solutions framework and approach (including case work)
- Using performance analysis to drill down into the presenting problem
- Uncovering root causes and identifying a range of solutions
- Acting on the data
- Getting started in your organisation
The workshop will be run as an interactive learning event, with discussions and activities. You will be doing exercises/case work at various points to ensure you can apply the business solutions consulting model and methods in your job. You will also be working on a personal case application during the workshop to help you apply the skills in your own work setting.
What have past attendees of the workshop said:
Averages 6.0 or above on 7.0 scale when rated for value.
- I’ve got a new way of thinking and applicable methods to improve my performance.
- I’ve got new tools to assess the training needs and analyse the performance issues.
- Very useful information, very systematic.
- I like the business solution framework, and I will implement it in my company.
- Clear examples and the seminar showed how it works.
- Practical methods and examples from different business areas.
- The opportunity to go through the concepts and think it through for my company.
- A lot of examples, clear communication, opportunity to apply toyour own organisation situation.
Dr Marguerite Foxon is an internationally recognised expert in performance technology, particularly needs assessment and evaluation. She consults and presents workshops both publicly and in-house, and is known for her practical and experience-based approach to practice. She moved back to Australia in 2013.
Tuesday, 12 August 2014
Level 3, 550 Bourke Street, Melbourne 3000
Cost per person: $895.00 (+ GST)
Total number of participants per workshop: 25