Medibank knew that to deliver exceptional service, foster customer advocacy and outperform competitors, their staff had to meet client expectations and reflect organisational culture from the outset.
When their first search didn’t reveal a suitable partner, Medibank engaged DeakinPrime to support significant elements of a transformational change program.
We designed an innovative on-boarding and induction experience for new starters in Medibank’s retail division.
The solution was a true blend of formal and informal learning, combined with consultation on recruitment, performance management and workforce planning strategies.
Considered the ‘catalyst for change’ for the division’s broader transformation, our work helped Medibank clarify their change purpose and direction and begin conversations on business impact and change accountability.
We offered Medibank a dedicated project and development team whose sole focus was to provide program design, content and digital assets. Solution components included:
• 70:20:10 blending to drive learning outcomes so staff could positively impact the business sooner
• a badge system for staff to track and enjoy their capability development progress
• a coaching scheme for line managers to support just-in-time and on-the-job learning
• customised digital assets in line with a new organisational look and feel
• powerful primer videos to help staff develop empathy with various customers
• the latest learning software for video content, authoring and learning management
• asset hosting on DeakinCo.’s cloud learning xystem.
This partnership successfully aligned retail on-boarding with business transformation strategies to help Medibank position for short- and long-term goals.
DeakinCo. designed and delivered the entire project in just 11 weeks. Yet the solution was an eLearning Association Industry Awards finalist.
We developed 150+ digital learning assets – including video character case studies; become-a-better-learner modules; ebytes (short, sharp eLearning resources); development plans; webinars and an online discussion forum.
Medibank’s content can now be updated to reflect policy and process changes faster and more easily.
By engaging managers as coaches and giving them accountability for developing new team members, productivity is freer to improve.
All this is helping Medibank attract the brightest new staff, assimilate them faster and retain them longer for the road ahead.